Looking for new ways to prepare roasted Brussels sprouts? Then make these roasted Brussels sprouts with cranberry Serrano vinegar. Because you will excite everyone of your dinner guests with this delicious side dish. Not to mention my recipe can’t be any easier to prepare. Making my recipe unique by adding cranberry Serrano vinegar. Furthermore what’s not to like about Brussels sprouts? Not to mention Brussels sprouts are high in vitamin c and antioxidants. Additionally there are so many ways to prepare them. I like them sautéed, steamed and shaved raw. But my favorite way to cook them is oven roasting.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cranberry Serrano Vinegar adds a splash of heat
I love adding heat to so many of my dishes. Therefore it was a no brainer adding my cranberry Serrano vinegar to these roasted Brussels sprouts. Furthermore Brussels sprouts can be bitter or mushy if overcooked. Roasting them brings out a nutty flavor while giving them a crunch. Adding the cranberry Serrano vinegar counteracts the bitterness with a touch of spiciness. Also adding cranberries and pistachios moves this side dish to front and center.
Other unique ways to serve this dish
Serving these oven roasted Brussels sprouts in many ways. In addition to serving this side dish the way it is, you can add so much more.
- Adding crispy bacon or pancetta will send these Brussels sprouts over the top!
- I love cheese on almost everything so a sprinkling of Parmesan or crumbled blue cheese making this side dish rich.
- Serve these roasted Brussels sprouts cold tossed in a salad and make a classic vinaigrette using my recipe for my Cranberry Serrano Vinegar with Orange.
- If you don’t like dried cranberries or pistachios switch them out and add other dried fruit like golden raisins and other nuts like pecans or even sunflower seeds.
- If you are a vegetarian or vegan but still crave a smoky flavor add these Crispy Smoked Shiitakes… yum
Craving more cranberry recipes? I’ve got you covered, get them here:
- Cranberry & Pecan Chicken Salad in Phyllo Cups
- Turkey, Cranberry, Apple & Pecan Salad Bruschetta
- Spicy Chipotle, Orange & Rosemary Cranberry Sauce
- Pumpkin Granola Bars with Cranberries, Nuts and Seeds
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cranberry Serrano Vinegar
These delicious roasted Brussels sprouts splash around in a sweet and spicy vinegar that elevates this side dish to front and center!
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 3 tbsp olive oil, reserve 1 tbsp for serving
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped pistachios
- 4 tbsp cranberry Serrano vinegar
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Pour 2 tbsp olive oil onto a sheet pan
Add the brussels sprouts, sugar, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes and toss well
Roast in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until desired tenderness, taking out halfway through roasting and stirring them for even roasting
Remove from oven and toss with the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil, dried cranberries, chopped pistachios and vinegar while hot. Transfer to serving plate
Serves 4 as a side dish
Link for Cranberry Serrano Vinegar